One-Piece Gouge Auger Set - Soft Soils
The one-piece gouge auger set for soft soils is used for sampling to a depth of 1 metre. The set contains two gouge augers with different lengths but the same diameter, and produces undisturbed samples which makes it suitable for various types of profile research.
- Up to a depth of 1 metre
- Perfect for rapid soil profiling
- Non toxic high tensile strength steel
- Push, twist, pull; that's it!
The one-piece gouge auger set is developed for taking samples from soft soil layers. The set consists of two different gouge augers of different lengths but with the same diameter, packed in a strong carrying bag.
The auger is made of non-toxic steel with high tensile strength. Its large diameter allows you to take nice samples from softer soils. The auger is ideally suited for a rapid soil profiling.
Please note that the auger should not be hammered and that gouge bodies will not be filled completely in medium-harder soils.
- Soil sampling above and below groundwater table
- Archaeological soil research
- Environmental soil research
Because of the minimal disturbance of the sample, the gouge auger is frequently applied in profile research for:
- Soil mapping
- Soil suitability reviews
- Educational purposes
- Root research
- Soil sampling for fertilisation research
- Clay distribution research
- Paleontological research