Penetrologger with GPS - CBR Set
The penetrologger with GPS, CBR set is a versatile instrument for determine soil penetration resistance in-situ. The standard California bearing ratio (CBR) is a penetration test for evaluating the mechanical strength of road surfaces and foundation layers.
- CBR measurement result evaluation
- User-friendly and easy operation
- Accurate measurement principle
- Compact design, detachable handles
- Data file export
- Ultrasonic depth measurement
The Royal Eijkelkamp penetrologger CBR is very similar to the standard 06.15.SA set. However, in the CBR version it measures, by a static penetration test, directly in CBR values using the standard CBR cone.
The standard California bearing ratio (CBR) is a penetration test for evaluation of the mechanical strength of road subgrades and basecourses. It is the basis for determining the thickness of soil and aggregate layers used in the design of roads and airfields. A soil’s CBR value is an index of its resistance to shearing under a standard load compared to the shearing resistance of a standard material (crushed limestone) subjected to the same load.
Measuring the resistance to penetration of the soil in a large number of measurements is best done with an electronic penetrometer in combination with a data logger, where the data can be saved and processed immediately in the data logger. Royal Eijkelkamp has developed an electronic penetrometer with a built-in data logger for storing and processing a large number of measurement data (1500 measurements). The camouflage coloured rucksack makes it very suitable to carry in the field.
- Geotechnical soil research
- Trafficability or load bearing capacity research
- Penetrologger CBR
- Probing rod (3 parts),
- 2 pcs Cones CBR 1,3cm2, 30°
- Depth reference plate
- CBR penetrologger software
- RS232 cable rugged + adapter RS323 to USB
- Driver software for converter cable
- Penetroviewer software, downloadable below
- 4 AA batteries
- Camouflage coloured rucksack
Would you like more information or do you have any questions? Please download our brochure or contact our specialist.