Pocket Vane Tester Set -with 3 Vanes
The pocket vane tester is a scientifically designed soil testing instrument for the rapid determination of shear strength of cohesive soils, either in the field or in the laboratory.
- Ideal for pedologists and geologists
- Perfect for measuring in top soils
- Shear stress indicator for samples/profiles
- Scientifically designed for rapid determination of shear strength of cohesive soils
- Three rings for a wide measuring range
The pocket vane tester permits the determination of a large number of strength values with different orientation of failure planes. The tester is simple to use and sample trimming is eliminated. All that is required is a reasonably flat surface, 25 millimeter in diameter. This instrument is scientifically designed for the rapid determination of shear strength of cohesive soils. Thanks to the small, practical format of the instrument it can be used both in the field (profile pits or the soil surface) and in the laboratory (soil samples).
The shear strength or stress of the soil depends on different soil characteristics such as for instance: the granular composition, the humus content, the humidity and (in case of vegetation covered areas) the degree of coverage and the density of the roots.
Conditions for correct measurement are: a flat surface, careful placing of the vanes in the soil and turning the meter with a constant (relaxed) speed.
- Soil profile description and classification
- Pocket vane tester
- Carrying bag
- Vanes (3 pieces) with a measuring range of 0-0,2/0-1 and 0-2,5 kg/cm²