Sample Ring Kit - Core Cutter Method, Test 4.4
Sample ring kit especially designed to comply to the Dutch RAW standard, mainly used for civil engineering construction.
- Takes very large undisturbed samples
- Stainless steel cutting rings
- Used for density measurements and others
This method is used for the determination of the density and the soil moisture content of embankment- or foundation material.
With a drop weight and a guide cylinder, a special stainless steel sample ring with a diameter of 95.7 x 12 millimetres and a height of 81.5 millimetres, is hammered into the soil surface. The density and soil moisture content of the sampled material can then be determined in the laboratory.
- Undisturbed sampling
- Soil sampling above groundwater table
- Geotechnical soil research
- Laboratory soil density measurements
- Determination of moisture content
- Stainless-steel sample rings for non-cohesive materials (3 pieces)
- Stainless-steel sample rings for cohesive materials (3 pieces)
- Insertion set with drop weight of 6 kilograms
- Cutting tools
- Cleaning brush