Soil Sampling Ring Kit - Model C84
Sample ring kit model C84 is a standard set to a depth of 2 metres. This kit is used for soil sample rings with a diameter of 84 millimetres. Soil sample ring kits are used for a variety of tests, including bulk density determination of soil.
- Standard set for a depth of 2 metres
- Suitable for hammering
- Soil sample rings Ø 84 millimetres
- Valve system can be cleaned easily
- Other ring sizes available (2 types)
With this sample set, undisturbed samples can be taken in virtually all soils to a depth of 2 metres with a diameter of 84 millimetres, provided there are no rocks in its way. Whether taken from the surface, in auger holes or in profile pits, above as well as under groundwater level. This kit allows sampling at surface and at depth. The sample ring is protected by a ring holder.
The physical properties of soils are largely determined in the laboratory. Such studies usually require undisturbed soil samples, preferably with uniform dimensions. To meet these requirements, soil samples are taken in rings of a known volume and diameter.
Royal Eijkelkamp soil sample rings are made of seamless stainless-steel tube, smooth inside and out for as less as possible friction. The bottom of the ring has a cutting edge. The precise made dimensions and thus the volume content of the ring is exact, which makes it highly suitable for laboratory studies. The set is suitable for hammering.
- Water permeability
- Air permeability
- Weight by volume
- The soil-water-air relationship at field capacity
- The pore distribution
- The oxygen diffusion
- Determination of moisture content as various moisture tension levels, from which a pF-curve can be made
- Close ring holder, with conical screw thread connection
- Extension accessories with beating head
- Edelman auger, type combination Ø 10 centimetres
- Riverside auger Ø 10 centimetres
- Hammering head for rings
- Guide cylinder
- Hammer with nylon tips, impact absorbing design
- Case with 10 soil sample rings, numbered from 1-10 and lids
- Field data registration set
- Cleaning & maintenance material
- Strong carrying bag