Lost-Cone Drilling Set- Standard
The lost-cone drilling standard set is used for drilling according to the lost-cone method. This is a manually controlled set, using an electrical percussion hammer to hammer the lost cone and the accompanying casing into the soil. The standard set is equipped for drilling to a depth of up to 10 metres.
- Equipped for drilling to a depth of up to 10 metres
- Bentonite plugs will repair layers perfectly
- Non-toxic iron lost point copes with analysis
- Tested for ten-thousands of drilling metres
- Ideal in combination with Direct Well
Drilling can be executed fast and efficient applying the so-called lost cone drilling method. Royal Eijkelkamp developed a manually controlled set using an electrical percussion hammer to hammer the lost-cone and the accompanying casing into the soil.
The lost-cone drilling standard set is developed for drilling according to the lost-cone method, to a depth of up to 10 metres. The specially designed lost-cone is hammered into the soil using an electrical percussion hammer, which is placed on the casing. The lost-cone produces a very straight bore hole that is slightly wider in diameter than the casing, in order to reduce the friction. This procedure makes it easier to reach greater depth and the friction on extracting the casing is limited.
The lost-cone drilling method is successfully applied for environmental research when installing monitoring wells with a small diameter. After drilling the lost-cone is left in the soil. This does not cause any environmental problems as the material used is present in the soil by nature. The method is also ideal for installing wells in stony soils. It is also the safest way to lower explosives.
Please note that this way of drilling is limited to soils with some porosity and the shear stress value of the soil can't be too high.
- Environmental soil research
- Electrical percussion hammer
- Aggregate with insulation guard
- Striking pens
- Drive-cone holder for percussion casing
- Steel casing
- Pulling equipment
- Various accessories
- Limited to soils with some porosity
- Shear stress value of soil cannot be too high
For larger depths we offer Sonic drilling equipment.